History in a nutshell
Palazzo Trecchi was built in 1496 with the aim of becoming the residence of Marquis Trecchi. The building had the chance to host, along centuries, noblemen and women of the highest ranks, such as Charles 5th, Federico Gonzaga, Christina of Denmark, or Maximilian of Austria.
During the 19th century, Palazzo Trecchi underwent a massive refurbishment, which confered the palais the aspect we can nowadays admire: Neo-Gothic adornments, graceful columns, valuable painted ceilings.
In 1875, the ownership bought a building adjacent to the palais, which was immediately demolished. Hence, Palazzo Trecchi became surrounded on all his sides by narrow streets. This confered even more grandeur to the palais.
Among the most important figures of the new-born Italy hosted in Palazzo Trecchi, worth-mentioning are Giuseppe Garibaldi, King Vittorio Emanuele 3rd, Prince Umberto of Piedmont and Queen Elena.